Friday, February 8, 2013

Hand-Foot Syndrome Questions

Hi, Everyone - 

I've gotten a couple emails asking about any over-the-counter products I've found that help with Hand-Foot Syndrome (Palmar-Plantar Erythrodysesthesia) symptoms.

I wish I had something new to add, but I'm pretty much relying on the old stand-byes I've used for several years now.

The best product I've found for use on both my feet and my hands has been Bag Balm.  It helps with the burning and peeling and helps keep the skin moist.  I find using it at least at bed time and in the morning to be the most effective, or more often if needed.

For some reason, my left heel has always been a bad spot for me.  I've tried various cushions there without a lot of success.  This current cycle, I'm trying some new.  It's Dr. Scholl's P.R.O. Pain Relief Orthotics for Heel.  This seems to be helping quite a bit with the heel pain and blisters I tend to develop there from the H-F Syndrome.  I continue to use Bag Balm there and the combination seems to be working.

I am also continuing with the practice of lightly buffing the H-F Syndrome areas with a pumice stone.  This helps keep the dead skin under control and definitely eases pain in those spots.

Hope these ideas are of some help!

John


 DAIRY ASSN. 176702 Bag Balm 10oz (Google Affiliate Ad)
 

No comments: